The aim of neural therapy is to balance the autonomic nervous system which is made up of the sympathetic and parasympathetic systems. Many stressors can often lead to a predomination of the sympathetic system over the parasympathetic.
The activity of the parasympathetic system, however, is of paramount importance for regulation, regeneration and repair, particularly in the case of chronic illnesses and for maintaining good health.
A chronic illness is often caused by a regulatory disturbance that has existed for years.
Stabilising or healing a chronic illness is only possible in the long term by overcoming this regulatory disturbance. Neural therapy plays a central role in this at our clinic – in addition to environmental therapy, the detoxification of heavy metals, and vital field therapy.
We use procaine as medication for neural therapy. Procaine is either systemically infused in combination with the alkaline buffer sodium bicarbonate (ProcCluster® or a procaine-alkaline infusion) or injected locally into the skin, in muscle, at or in tissues, and at nerves or ganglia (nerve cell nodes).
INDICATIONS FOR NEURAL THERAPY
Apart from pain therapy (see also ‘Integrative pain therapy’), neural therapy is particularly effective in the treatment of, for example:
- chronic sinusitis and bronchitis
- recurring tonsillitis
- susceptibility to infections
- bronchial asthma
- dizziness, tinnitus, acute hearing loss
- dental infections
- after dental treatment
- disorders of the thyroid gland
- functional heart problems
- abdominal complaints
- ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease
- irritable bowel syndrome
- menstrual pains
- pain during sexual intercourse
- loss of libido (male and female)
- erectile dysfunction
- orgasmic disorders (male and female)
- prostate problems
- irritable bladder and urge incontinence
- chronic wounds
- poor blood circulation in the legs
- Sudeck’s atrophy
HOW PROCAINE WORKS
Procaine is degraded to para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA) and diethylethanolamine by esterase enzymes in the tissues and has an extraordinarily broad and beneficial range of activity:
- inhibits inflammation processes
- reduces pain sensations
- promotes circulation down to the capillary system
- promotes lymphatic draining
- accelerates the healing of wounds
- supports de-acidification
- supports detoxification
- inhibits the growth of cancer cells
- regenerates anti-cancer genes (e.g. p53)
- reduces stress by calming the sympathetic nervous system
- supports parasympathetic activity (a prerequisite for self-healing)
- helps in overcoming psychological problems by ‘resetting’ the limbic system
- promotes the formation of serotonin (the ‘happiness’ hormone)
- promotes the formation of melatonin (improves the quality of sleep)
- regenerates the structure and function of the intercellular tissue (extracellular matrix), improving all metabolic processes and intercellular communication
IN NEURAL THERAPY ONE DIFFERENTIATES BETWEEN
SEGMENT THERAPY AND INTERFERENCE ZONE THERAPY:
- Segment therapy:
Procaine is used as a therapy in the affected part of the body: injections in the skin, in muscular trigger points, ligaments, fasciae and muscle insertions, joints, at nerves and ganglia, as well as at or in blood vessels.
- Interference zone therapy:
One describes a subliminal, non-perceptible local chronic inflammation or irritation as an interference zone. Interference zones act as so-called neuro-modulatory triggers, i.e. the chronic irritation maintains a constant activation of the stress axes and the inflammation cascade. This can lead to disturbances or symptoms in distant parts of the body.
Typical interference zones are subliminal chronic inflammations of the pharyngeal and palatal tonsils, the nasal sinuses, the dental and jaw regions, the prostate, the gynaecological region, the intestinal mucous membrane, and scars of all sorts.
Procaine overcomes these chronic inflammations thanks to its strong anti-inflammatory and neuro-modulatory properties. The chronic trigger is extinguished, improving the regulatory capability of the body so that symptoms can disappear.